I am slowly becoming a salad lover…and I am falling hard for this one in particular. This was the first thing I ate after my failed juice fast and my goodness, it felt good to eat. I swear to you, I was drooling by the time I had my first bite. It was rough going because I was extremely dehydrated so it hurt for me to swallow, but I ate my portion and went back for more. The creaminess from the avocado combined with the crunch from the lettuce and onions and then the saltiness from the cheese and the tang from the vinegar…mmmmm. (AND talk about super fast, delicious, and healthy!)
I’m not gonna preach, but buy ORGANIC!
Creamy-Crunchy Avocado Salad
Yield 4 servings
- 1 package fresh spinach salad (or your preferred salad)
- 2 large avocados, diced into small chunks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl and gently mix to coat the veggies with the red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Chow down!