While at work today I stumbled upon a super cute website (Giver’s Log – inactive as of 2017) that showcased a great homemade gift idea! Bread dipping oil in a cute little jar!
(Image via: Chatelaine)
Print pretty labels and lid covers to make the jar complete!
Rosemary and Garlic Bread Dipper
Yield 2 cups
Recipe via: Chatelaine.
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- Place seasonings in a 500-mL jar or bottle. Add oil.
- Let oil infuse at room temperature for 1 day, then refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- To serve, let oil come to room temperature. Shake well just before using. Serve with sliced bread.
- Chili-Vinegar: Omit rosemary. Add 2 tsp crushed red-pepper flakes and 4 tsp red-wine vinegar.
- Coriander and Sun-Dried Tomato: Omit rosemary. With the flat side of a large knife, press and crack 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds, then add along with 4 very thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes.