Justin and I love breakfast – like a deep, complete, profound love. When he first suggested making using all of these ingredients for a breakfast sandwich, I was a little hesitant because I’m still developing a relationship with cucumbers. But I love avocado, I love feta, I love eggs, and I love tzatziki sauce, so I thought what the heck. So I made the sandwich with Justin carefully watching me from the kitchen table, a wary look in his eye. We both LOVED it! This thing is damn good. We’ve made it so many times now that we can make it in 10 minutes flat before we go to work in the mornings. I always leave the house ready for the day after eating this.
Pita Sandwich with Egg, Avocado, Tzatziki, and Feta
Yield 1 serving
- 1 large egg
- 1 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons Tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 3 slices cucumber
- your preferred hot sauce
- Mix together your tzatziki sauce unless you bought a prepared kind.
- Cut your pita in half so that you have a top and bottom (or you can just use one half and put everything inside it) and toast each half.
- Spray a small non-stick cooking pan with cooking spray or lightly oil it with butter or olive oil. Scramble the egg and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Layer the ingredients to your preference. (I put a little tzatziki on each side, then layer the avocado, cucumbers, feta, egg, then hot sauce.)
- Smush it all together and enjoy! (Be warned, it can get a little messy!)
Try adding a bit of spiced lamb!