Pita Sandwich with Egg, Avocado, Tzatziki, and Feta
Yield 1 serving
- 1 large egg
- 1 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons Tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 3 slices cucumber
- your preferred hot sauce
- Mix together your tzatziki sauce unless you bought a prepared kind.
- Cut your pita in half so that you have a top and bottom (or you can just use one half and put everything inside it) and toast each half.
- Spray a small non-stick cooking pan with cooking spray or lightly oil it with butter or olive oil. Scramble the egg and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Layer the ingredients to your preference. (I put a little tzatziki on each side, then layer the avocado, cucumbers, feta, egg, then hot sauce.)
- Smush it all together and enjoy! (Be warned, it can get a little messy!)
Try adding a bit of spiced lamb!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/eating-breakfast-in-greece/