Every now and then, Justin and I will come across a super simple recipe that is sooooo good, we’ll make it again that same week. This white wine ravioli with tomatoes and shallots is one such recipe. The entire dish is ready in less than 30 minutes and the white wine butter sauce is absolutely divine!
White Wine Ravioli
Yield 4 servings
Recipe by Kristin Evans, from Real Simple Magazine, the February 2010 issue.
- 16-18 ounce fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the ravioli according to the package directions, drain, and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and simmer until the tomatoes begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Gently toss the ravioli with the tomato mixture, butter, and parsley.