Once upon a time, I decided to read the ingredients on the back of my favorite store bought pizza. Then I read the nutritional information as well. Then I went home…and made my own pizza.
We’ve made this particular pizza several times over the last two years and we finally know exactly how we like it. It has become one of our most favorite meals and it’s extremely quick and easy to make. Most of the toppings are from my favorite salads…spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, goat cheese, feta cheese, basil, olive oil, and Parmesan. The great thing about a pizza is how customizable it is. I mean you can put almost anything on a pizza and it will taste great (hopefully). Be warned though, this pizza is full of strong flavors. So if you have a more mild pallet, you might want to nix either the sun-dried tomatoes or the goat cheese. But for those more adventurous, try this pizza as we have it here. Hopefully you will love it as much as we do!
Three Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
- 1 prepared whole wheat pizza crust (Or make your own.)
- 8 ounces spinach
- 4-6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped small
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced into half moons
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon crushed basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat your oven to 400*. (If you are using a prepackaged dough or pie crust, be sure to follow the directions on the package for baking the pizza.)
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the spinach in the microwave with 1 tablespoon of water for 45 seconds to wilt it. (You can also saute the spinach in a pan with some oil for the same effect.)
- Get your dough or pie crust ready and drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the whole top surface. Use your fingers to spread it out evenly.
- Layer the spinach leaves over the dough leaving an inch on the outer rim.
- Next, layer on the sun-dried tomatoes over the spinach, then the onions. Next, layer on the goat cheese and the feta cheese.
- Sprinkle the pizza with the basil and grated Parmesan, and season it with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, drizzle the pizza with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake according to the dough directions. (Usually about 10 to 12 minutes.)