Prosciutto & Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Yield 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (We used a very simple wheat sandwich bread, but fancier breads are delicious too!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices of Muenster cheese
- 2 slices of Provolone cheese
- 1 large avocado, pitted and cut into 8 slices
- 4 slices of Prosciutto or bacon
- If you’re using bacon, go ahead and cook that first (don’t with prosciutto). Set aside the bacon to cool while you prep your sandwiches.
- Heat up a heavy skillet or grill pan on medium heat.
- Lay your 4 slices out in front of you and coat 1 side of each slice with butter.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan on the sides with the butter until it’s fully coated with cheese.
- Take your bread slices and turn them so the Parmesan is facing down and begin to layer your cheeses, meat, and avocado slices. (We usually do one slice of Muenster, bacon/prosciutto, 4 avocado slices, then the provolone slice.)
- Assemble the second bread slice on top and place the sandwiches in your pan.
- Let the sandwiches sit on the heat until the Parmesan is golden and crispy (time varies so keep an eye on the Parmesan).
- Carefully flip the sandwiches over and crisp up the other side as well.
- When the Parmesan is crispy and the inside cheeses have melted, remove the sandwiches from the stove and set them aside to cool.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/sun-dried-tomato-soup-with-prosciutto-avocado-grilled-cheese-sandwich/