Sun-Dried Tomato Soup
Yield 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and saute them until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and broth and bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool slightly. Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender or food processor. (We use our immersion blender right in the pot.)
- Return the soup to the saucepan over low heat and add in the cream.
- Stir it all to combine, season it with salt and pepper, and serve, topped with the crab meat and sprinkled with the chives. (Justin is allergic to shellfish so we topped our soup with Krab. You can also substitute cooked shrimp or some delicious croutons!)
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/sun-dried-tomato-soup-with-prosciutto-avocado-grilled-cheese-sandwich/