Roasted Red Pepper and Steak Sandwiches
Yield 4 sandwiches
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 small ciabatta loaves or other sandwich loaves
- 8 ounce jar of roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (more if you like it spicier)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- arugula or spinach leaves
- 4 slices provolone or swiss cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare your broiler.
- Place the steak strips in a medium bowl and sprinkle them with the thyme and salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the steak and mix the seasonings into the meat.
- Set the steak aside to marinate in the seasonings. Begin to cook the onion strips in a tablespoon of olive oil, in a medium pan, for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the steak to the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more, or until the steak strips are only pink in the center.
- Remove the steak and onions from the stove, cover them to keep warm, and set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dice up the roasted red peppers (if they aren’t already) and mix them together with the chopped parsley. Set the red pepper mix aside.
- Cut your small ciabatta loaves in half and place them cut side up on a baking sheet. Place them in the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until the edges begin to slightly brown.
- In a tiny bowl, mix together the horseradish and sour cream/Greek yogurt. (Test the mixture to make sure it meets your spiciness needs. If you want it hotter, add more horseradish. For less spicy, add more sour cream/Greek yogurt.)
- Remove the loaves and spread the horseradish mixture on each side.
- Top the bottom half with a few arugula or spinach leaves.
- Next add the steak and onion mixture, then the red pepper and parsley mix, a slice of your preferred white cheese, and lastly the other half of the ciabatta loaf.
- Enjoy with some Baked Feta & Parsley Potatoes!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/roasted-red-pepper-and-steak-sandwiches/