Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (enough to drizzle over all of the asparagus)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Take one of the asparagus stalks and bend it towards the bottom end until it snaps. Rather than break each stalk, line them all up together and cut the rest of the ends off of the other stalks according to the length of the first one.
- Divide your stalks into equal bundles according to how many prosciutto slices you have. (I leave the prosciutto slices whole, usually resulting in 8 bundles. But you can cut your slices in half and double your bundles.)
- Wrap each bundle with prosciutto in the middle of the stalks leaving the top and bottom ends uncovered.
- Place the bundles in a greased shallow pan or glass dish.
- Drizzle the top and bottom ends of the stalks with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (bake longer if you want them crispier).
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/good-food-on-fathers-day/