Steak Salad with Crispy Potatoes, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Dressing
Yield 4 servings
- 4 ounces sliced bacon
- 8 ounces Yukon gold, baby gold, or fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds petite sirloin steak
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 green onion, chopped
- large container of mixed baby greens (or preferred salad mix)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until it's crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. When it's cooked, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Season the potatoes with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook them in the bacon drippings on medium-high, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the bacon.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and cook it for 5 to 7 minutes per side (for medium-rare). Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, scallion, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Divide the salad among plates, top it with the steak, bacon, and potatoes, and drizzle each one with the dressing.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/delicious-supper-salad/