Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
Yield 4 servings
- olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced, white and light green parts only
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped small
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the leeks and cook them for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in the potato, cauliflower, broth, a cup of water, and some pepper and increase the heat, bringing it all to a boil.
- Cover the pot and set it to simmer for 20 minutes then remove the pot from the heat and let it cool while you do the next steps.
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium-high.
- Add the bacon and cook it until it’s as crispy as you see fit.
- Let the bacon dry on a paper towel, then chop it into small pieces to top with the soup once it’s finished.
- Take a hand held blender and immerse it in the soup. Blend it until it’s smooth. If you don’t have a hand held one, blend the soup in batches in a regular blender.
- Put it all back in the main pot and stir in the cheddar cheese until it’s blended and melted and season the soup with a little more pepper.
- Serve the soup topped with the bacon, a pinch of cheddar, and some green onions. Enjoy!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/creamy-cauliflower-and-potato-soup/