Ceviche with Avocado, Tomato, and Cilantro
Yield 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice, about 10-12 limes
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, 2 oranges
- 1 1/4 pounds firm-fleshed cod, skin removed, flesh cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- corn tortilla chips or corn taco shells
- Pour the lime juice and orange juice into an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Arrange the cod in a single layer inside the dish, completely covering it with the juice.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until the fish is opaque throughout, about 4 hours. Afterwards, drain the fish well and discard the marinade.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado chunks, grape tomatoes, red onion slices, chopped jalapeno, cilantro leaves, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Divide the fish among four plates and serve it topped with the avocado salad.
- Serve the ceviche with the corn tortilla chips or corn taco shells
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at https://unrulybliss.com/food/ceviche-with-avocado-tomato-and-cilantro/