I love breakfast…like really, really, love breakfast. I also love eating clean. So when I find clean eating breakfast recipes that are quick to make and taste delicious, well…I sort of do a little inner swoon. I found this couscous dish on one of my favorite clean eating sites, thegraciouspantry.com. It can be made in 5 minutes flat. And all of the flavors can be turned up or toned down depending on your preference. Go ahead…try it. (See my other favorite breakfast here.)
Sun-Dried Tomato and Couscous Breakfast
Yield 2 servings
- 1/2 cup dry, whole wheat couscous, cooked to package directions
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, drain them if they're packed in oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- Prepare the couscous according to the package’s directions. Once finished, put the couscous into a medium mixing bowl and set it aside.
- Scramble the egg whites in some oil with a touch of salt.
- Chop up the sun dried tomatoes (unless you bought a jar that is already julienned).
- Add the egg whites, sun-dried tomatoes, and spices to the bowl containing the couscous and mix it all well.