Steak Skewers with Cilantro-Garlic Sauce
Yield 12 skewers
- 7 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds skirt steak, cut into 1 inch strips
- bamboo or metal skewers
- Set aside 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic.
- Place the steak strips in a plastic bag with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon of salt, the reserved teaspoon of minced garlic, and a generous grind of pepper. Seal and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Add the parsley, cilantro, 1 teaspoon of salt, and a few grinds of pepper to your food processor. Pulse until it's chopped and blended.
- With the motor running, add the lemon juice and 1 cup of oil in a steady stream.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl, cover it, and refrigerate it until needed.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes and heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers and grill them for about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the skewers with the sauce drizzled over or in a side dish for dipping.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/summer-steak-skewers/