Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Pasta
Yield 6+ servings
- 1 pound fusilli
- 2 cartons organic cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 10-12 basil leaves, chopped thin and small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- large pinch of salt, to your taste
- Cook the pasta according to its specified directions.
- Drain the pasta and move it into a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat the pasta evenly.
- Toss in the mozzarella, onions, cherry tomatoes, and basil and mix everything up. (Here is where you can see if you want more of a specific ingredient. I usually always end up adding more tomatoes.)
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
Add some balsamic vinegar for a take on a caprese pasta salad.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/summer-pasta-salad/