Quite some time ago, one of my sisters emailed me and asked me to post an incredible burger recipe. It’s been in the back of my mind for a long time but I kept thinking that I needed to search out and find the most delicious looking recipes to try. Over these last few months we’ve probably made these turkey burgers at least three or four times but it’s never occurred to me to post about them. Maybe because they’re so simple? (Like really, really simple.) (I also love this mushroom-Swiss turkey burger.) Well in any case, I am posting about them now! I know it’s not summer anymore but these burgers are easy to make year round on a grill pan over the stove and they taste delicious with these baked avocado fries.
(If you’re really only dreaming of beef burgers right now, I suggest this avocado prosciutto burger. It’s my favorite!)
Spicy Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers
Yield 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Combine the ground turkey, green onions, panko breadcrumbs, hot sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl.
- Form the mixture into 4 half-inch thick patties.
- Spray your grill or pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat.
- Place the patties on the grill/pan and cook them until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees, about 5 minutes per side.
- Combine the blue cheese with the sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
- Serve the burgers on your favorite buns with the blue cheese dressing and your favorite burger veggies.