Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
Yield 2 servings
This recipe was adapted from a contributor named Phoebe at AllRecipes.com.
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 pound wild caught tilapia fillets
- Preheat your oven’s broiler, then line a baking sheet pan with aluminum foil (or use a greased broiling pan).
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dried basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt. Mix it all together well and set it aside.
- Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan and broil them a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a few more minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.
- Broil the fillets for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/something-fishy-this-way-comes/