Slow Cooker Moroccan Short Ribs With Couscous
Yield 4 servings
Recipe by Chris Morocco for Real Simple Magazine, August 2014 issue.
- 3 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes, with juice
- 4 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package couscous, cooked to package directions
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- Combine the short ribs, tomatoes (and their juices), garlic, apricots, olives, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the beef is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Serve the short ribs over the couscous, topped with the cilantro.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/slow-cooker-moroccan-short-ribs-with-couscous/