Remember the last time you went to someone’s house for dinner and found out that they were making something quite unfamiliar/unpleasing to you? You cringed a little bit and tried to not to show it on your face. Well even if you don’t remember, I do. It was when my dear, dear friend Kate made Justin and I these Brussels sprouts that are drizzled with honey and white wine vinegar. I am ashamed to say, that I was scared to try them. I thought the combination sounded awful. But I couldn’t have been more wrong about this recipe (or Katie’s judgement!). This is, BY FAR, my favorite vegetable side dish to eat EVER. These are so good, I could eat every single one by myself.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Vinegar
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch red pepper
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- white wine vinegar, however much you choose to drizzle
- honey, however much you choose to drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Toss the halved Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts cut-side down on a baking sheet at 450F until caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and drizzle white wine vinegar and honey all over.