Ricotta and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
This recipe was slightly adapted from Real Simple Magazine, the November 2011 issue.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with cold water, adding 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer them for 25 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes, drain the water, then return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the Parmesan, ricotta, milk, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash the mixture to your desired consistency.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/ricotta-and-parmesan-mashed-potatoes/