One of the many, many delicious ways to make mashed potatoes… (We loved these.)
Ricotta and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
This recipe was slightly adapted from Real Simple Magazine, the November 2011 issue.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with cold water, adding 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer them for 25 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes, drain the water, then return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the Parmesan, ricotta, milk, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash the mixture to your desired consistency.