Yield 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Saute the onion in the olive oil in a small saucepan until it's tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the water, peanut butter, sugar, and chili powder. Bring it all to a boil.
- Cook and stir the sauce for two to three minutes or until it slightly thickens.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, and salt.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/peanut-sauce/