We all know how much I love sauces (here, here, and here) so I am not at all ashamed to show my extreme enthusiasm for this peanut sauce! It really is soooo delicious! I seasoned some chicken and grilled them on skewers and used this sauce to dip them in. I also diluted a small portion of it (I believe I used water…but I can’t quite remember) and poured it over a crispy Asian salad with onions and dried pineapple. This sauce is so versatile and can probably be used for almost anything! I think next time I will try tossing it with noodles or marinating some chicken.
Yield 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Saute the onion in the olive oil in a small saucepan until it's tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the water, peanut butter, sugar, and chili powder. Bring it all to a boil.
- Cook and stir the sauce for two to three minutes or until it slightly thickens.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, soy sauce, and salt.