Avocado and Prosciutto Burger
Yield 4 burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 4-6 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices cheese of your choice (try feta or swiss!)
- 2 avocados, cut in half and then sliced lengthwise
- mayo or other condiments
- red onion, thinly sliced
- Mix the ground beef with the minced garlic, salt and pepper (to your liking), and dried basil. Shape the beef into 4 uniform patties and press a small indent in the middle of each patty to keep them from bulging when cooked.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, clean it thoroughly, and spray the grill with grilling oil.
- Grill each patty to your desired temperature.
- Once the patties are done, remove them and then grill your prosciutto strips for about a minute (or until they crisp up).
- Load up your burger with condiments (Safflower mayo, mustard, whatever you prefer!) on each bun, then the patty, your cheese, onion, prosciutto slices, and lastly, the avocado slices.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/my-favorite-burger/