Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin-Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield 24 cupcakes
These cupcakes are perfect for the fall season, especially for work functions where you need to bring baked goods. (Think - company Halloween party or post-Turkey Trot!)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
Pumpkin-Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line your cupcake tins with 24 cupcake wrappers.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then set it aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the milk, olive oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin, and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix it all together until well combined.
- Slowly add the water to the batter and mix it all together.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting by combining the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar, until it's all smooth.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven and allow them to cool for 2 minutes, then take them out of the cupcake tins and place them on a cooling rack until they're fully cooled.
- Use a spatula to ice the cupcakes or for more visual appeal, pipe them using an icing bag (or sandwich bag with the corner cut off).
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/i-heart-pumpkin/