Garlic Potato Cake
Yield 2-4 servings
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon crushed basil
- 1 tablespoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375*.
- Using a mandolin or a good knife, slice the potatoes into approximately 1/8-inch slices.
- Put the potato slices into a medium mixing bowl and toss them with the olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper. Make sure all slices are evenly coated.
- Lightly grease an oven safe dish (I use a cast iron skillet) and put down the first layer of slices in a circle. Continue to layer the slices moving inward as you go up, creating a small mountain of sorts.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until edges of potato slices turn brown and crispy. (I baked mine for close to an hour.)
- Cut the potato cake into slices and serve with chives and sour cream.
Having company? We’ve made this recipe several times now to serve even more people. More potatoes...more spices...bigger baking dish...longer cooking time. Real easy!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/garlic-potato-cake/