Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Yield 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and hot
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
Blender / Food Processor Method
- Pour the egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt into a food processor and blend everything for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Slowly drizzle the butter into the processor until all of the butter is incorporated. Keep blending until the hollandaise sauce is thick and creamy.
Hand Whisk Method (My husband makes the sauce this way and it’s delicious and amazing!)
- Pour the egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt into a medium sized bowl and whisk everything together for 1 to 2 full minutes (whisk as fast as your arm allows).
- Slowly drizzle the butter into the bowl in batches. Pour butter, then whisk for a bit. Pour more butter, then whisk for a bit. Keep repeating until the butter is gone. Continue to whisk the mixture until it becomes thick, creamy, and frothy (approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/eggs-benedict-with-easy-homemade-hollandaise-sauce-and-homemade-sage-biscuits/