Just recently, the nice folks over at Chobani Greek Yogurt sent me a large case of 6 of their yummiest yogurts. I received Vanilla Chocolate Chunk, Blueberry, Peach, Pineapple, Mango, and Black Cherry. (Thank you Chobani!) We actually forgot that the package was arriving that day so opening the front door right before bed and finding these wonderful goodies was such a delight! I was sooooo excited to get these and I immediately started planning recipes in my head. (Justin, of course, kept commenting on the amazing quality of the ice packs that were packaged with the yogurts. That’s my honey for ya!) So I already have three recipes ready to post and I loved all of them! I had no idea that Greek yogurt could be substituted for so many things! Talk about cutting out calories. (Check out the Chobani Conversion Chart below the pictures and recipe!)
For our first try at Greek yogurt cooking, Justin drummed up this blueberry chia seed muffin recipe. They came out quite delicious and are pretty guilt-free. The recipe doesn’t use much sugar and the chia seeds add quite a bit of fiber, antioxidants, and Omega-3s. They were extremely quick and easy to make as well. We made a second batch a week later one morning before work and I loved how simple and fast it was. Enjoy!
Chobani Blueberry Chia Seed Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons egg whites
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients until a thick batter forms.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil/baking spray and spoon the batter into each muffin slot. (If you are going to use cupcake liners like I did, I highly suggest spraying those as well.)
- Bake your muffins for approximately 15 minutes.
- Once done, let them cool for a bit before eating. They’ll store for up to 4 days (keep ‘em in the refrigerator).
(Chobani has some amazing recipes on their pinterest boards!)