Chicken Enchilada Slow Cooker Soup
Yield 6 servings
This recipe was slightly adapted from "Ambernpetty" at AllRecipes.com.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes, with juice
- 16 ounces of chicken broth
- 10 ounce can of enchilada sauce
- 4 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 medium white onion, chopped small
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sour cream and corn chips for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add in the corn, tomatoes, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, green chiles, onion, cilantro, bay leaves, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook everything on low for 6 hours.
- After it’s done cooking, take the chicken breasts out of the soup and put them on a large plate. Shred the meat and then return it to the slow cooker.
- Continue to cook the soup for about 30-45 minutes more.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top and some corn chips!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/chicken-enchilada-slow-cooker-soup/