Chicken Avocado Enchiladas
Yield 8 enchiladas
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde or tomatillo salsa
- 1/2 cup Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 4 medium avocados, diced into small chunks, half to be used in the sauce, half to be used in the enchiladas
- 1 large jalapeno, stem removed and seeded
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup loosely packed, chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, pour in the chicken broth, salsa verde (or tomatillo salsa), Chobani plain Greek yogurt, and lime juice. Blend the liquids together.
- Next, add in 2 of the chopped avocados, the jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and salt and pepper. Puree until the mixture is completely blended.
- Shred your rotisserie chicken in a large bowl and mix it with the other 2 chopped avocados and the green onions. Pour half of the avocado sauce in and mix it all with 1 cup of cheddar and 1 cup of monterey jack cheese.
- Lay out your 8 tortillas and spoon the chicken mixture into the middle of each one evenly. While trying to spread out the mixture as you roll, roll up each tortilla tightly.
- Place each one in large baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle the enchiladas with the remaining cheese and cover the dish with the rest of the avocado sauce.
- Bake the dish for about 15 to 20 minutes, when the sauce is a bit bubbly.
- Remove the dish from the oven, let it slightly cool, then enjoy!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/chicken-avocado-enchiladas/