Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 24 cookies
Recipe adapted from Emily Wyckoff from RachaelRay.com/Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Mix the butter and peanut butter with a mixer on medium high speed for about 1 minute.
- Add in the sugars, egg, and vanilla and mix it all until well-combined and smooth.
- On low speed, add the flour, baking soda, and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Chill dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Drop tablespoon-size (approximate) balls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, and press each cookie down to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes until set (they may appear under-done). For a crispier cookie, allow the cookie’s edges to brown.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature, tightly covered, for up to 5 days.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/chewy-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies/