These. Are. The. Best. Cookies. EVER.
I mean, there are some AMAZING cookies out there…but when it comes to your classic chocolate chip cookie, this one is my absolute favorite. They are chewy, slightly peanut buttery, and choc full of chocolate bits.
Justin is the baker in our house and he never lets me down. Here are a few of my other favorites that he’s mastered…
– Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
– Rosemary Pretzels with Rosemary Cheddar Sauce
– Triple Citrus Cupcakes with Citrus Glaze
Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 24 cookies
Recipe adapted from Emily Wyckoff from RachaelRay.com/Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Mix the butter and peanut butter with a mixer on medium high speed for about 1 minute.
- Add in the sugars, egg, and vanilla and mix it all until well-combined and smooth.
- On low speed, add the flour, baking soda, and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Chill dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Drop tablespoon-size (approximate) balls onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, and press each cookie down to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes until set (they may appear under-done). For a crispier cookie, allow the cookie’s edges to brown.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature, tightly covered, for up to 5 days.