Chai Snowball Cookies
Yield 26 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat the butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with an electric mixer on low speed until it’s all blended.
- Stir in the remaining cookie ingredients.
- Shape the dough by tablespoonfuls into balls.
- Place the balls 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until they’re very lightly browned. (Ours needed a few extra minutes. You can check your cookies by inserting a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean.)
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the coating ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Working in batches, gently roll the warm cookies in the coating mixture.
- Cool them on the cooling rack for 5 minutes more, then roll them in the mixture again.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 50 mg
Total Carbohydrates 9 g
Sugars 5 g
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/chai-snowball-cookies-and-the-great-food-blogger-cookie-swap/