Yield 4 servings
This recipe was originally published as Bruschetta Chicken in the Taste of Home August/September 2001 issue, on page 29.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip the chicken in the flour, then in the eggs. Place the chicken in a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and butter, and sprinkle it all over the chicken.
- Loosely cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 375* for 20 minutes. Uncover the dish and bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until the top is browned.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then spoon the mixture over the chicken.
- Return the dish to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the tomato mixture is heated through.
1 serving: 316 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/bruschetta-chicken-and-lemon-asparagus/