Best Ever Baked Broccoli
Yield 4 servings
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (We love using a basil-infused olive oil if you happen to have it!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (Or use 2 tablespoons of freeze-dried basil.)
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- rosemary + Parmesan = in place of basil and lemon juice and zest
- sour cream + bacon bits + shredded cheddar = in place of basil, lemon, and garlic
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Place the broccoli on a foil-lined cookie sheet and roast it in the oven for 20-25 minutes until it's crisp and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Take it out of the oven and zest the lemon over all of the broccoli, then squeeze the juice all over.
- Finish it off by sprinkling it with the Parmesan cheese and basil.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/best-ever-baked-broccoli/