Okay now, I know that everyone probably knows how to make broccoli, but I found this recipe online at amateurgourmet.com, barely modified it, and it was delicious!!! It was the first time I’ve ever baked broccoli in the oven! (Update from seven years later…we’ve made this at least 75 times now and it’s always a hit!) It’s become a staple side dish in our home, it’s that good. Please try it out, trust me you’ll love it – I’ve converted broccoli haters with this recipe!
Best Ever Baked Broccoli
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is adapted from Adam Roberts, over at his old blog site The Amateur Gourmet. He's since moved on to greener pastures.
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (We love using a basil-infused olive oil if you happen to have it!)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (Or use 2 tablespoons of freeze-dried basil.)
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- rosemary + Parmesan = in place of basil and lemon juice and zest
- sour cream + bacon bits + shredded cheddar = in place of basil, lemon, and garlic
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Place the broccoli on a foil-lined cookie sheet and roast it in the oven for 20-25 minutes until it's crisp and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Take it out of the oven and zest the lemon over all of the broccoli, then squeeze the juice all over.
- Finish it off by sprinkling it with the Parmesan cheese and basil.
Pin it for later…you know you want to!