Baked Italian Ziti
Yield 12 servings
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 pounds lean, ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350F and go ahead and get your pasta started.
- While the pasta boils, heat up the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the turkey meat.
- Meanwhile, mix the basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, honey, vinegar, water, and tomato sauce in a large bowl.
- Add in the cooked pasta and meat to the tomato sauce and thoroughly mix together.
- Put the mixture into a baking dish and top it with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the dish at 350F for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/baked-italian-ziti/