Baked Avocado Fries
Yield 20-25 fries
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- salt and black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the sheet. Set aside. (A broiler pan will work just fine too.)
- Cut the avocados in half and then slice them lengthwise. You should get four to five slices per half.
- Set up three bowls in a line. In the first bowl, place the 1/2 cup of flour and add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Crack the eggs into the middle bowl and lightly whisk them.
- In the last bowl, combine the panko and melted butter and mix them together. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Dredge each avocado slice in the flour and then in the beaten egg. Coat them thoroughly with the panko and place them on the rack/pan. Spray each one lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes, until the panko is golden brown. Cool them for about ten minutes and serve them with the creamy tomatillo sauce.
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/baked-avocado-fries-with-creamy-tomatillo-sauce/