Melt in Your Mouth Amazing Baby Back Ribs
Yield 6 to 8 servings
These ribs are more than worth the wait!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Preheat your oven to 275F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients and mix them together well.
- Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs and generously rub them with the dry rub until they're evenly coated on all sides.
- Wrap the ribs in foil and allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for at least four hours, but overnight is best.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat and grill each rack of ribs to char the meat for a little flavor, but also to sear in the juices, so about 5 minutes.
- Pour the bourbon into the bottom of a large roasting pan and place the ribs on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Cover it tightly with foil and bake the ribs for about 4 hours.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the roasting pan, unwrap the foil, and coat the ribs with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Place them back on the roasting pan uncovered, and bake them for an additional 20 to 30 minutes to caramelize the barbecue sauce.
- Slice the rack of ribs into individual ribs or chunks of two or three. Serve them hot with extra barbecue sauce!
Recipe by Unruly Bliss at http://unrulybliss.com/food/baby-back-ribs-that-fall-off-the-bone/