I have made a decision. A big one. I have WAY too many DIY projects lying around my house because I accumulate them and then let them die a slow death in a corner of the garage or down in the basement. So my decision is this: I am going to finish 12 DIY projects by the end of 2012. “How?” you ask? Well with the help of my handy husband and my super crafty girlfriend of course! My handy husband will be my back up paint brush (I can paint for maybe an hour before I get bored) and my crafty girlfriend will teach me to sew better (she’s magical with those machines). I’m extremely excited about working on everything and showing the progress as things come along. I created a list below for you to see and a few pictures of what is in store. So stay tuned! (Oh and I am very excited to say that I can check off number one from the list! See the pics below!)
1. Paint kitchen shelves – I’ve got number one done!!! I stained them a green color similar to the shelf in the background that we bought from Etsy.
2. Sand and paint office shelving unit – We got this for free from Justin’s mom’s house. We have no idea whose it was or who treated it so poorly.
But it’s solid wood and I’m going to give it a whole new life!
3. Sand and paint vintage cabinet – I bought this little lovely for 30 bucks from an antiques shop. I’m pretty excited about this one. I’m going to sand it, stain it white, distress it, and use it as a small buffet/cabinet in our kitchen ‘nook.’
4. Paint window frame and find some photos – I purchased this window frame for 35 cents at Recycled Resources, a local ‘scrap’ shop for home goods like cabinets, frames, doors, etc. I am going to paint it and somehow suspend photographs in each opening. I’ve got a few ideas but nothing decided yet…
5. Paint office – We’re kind of torn with this room, but we’re loving this green color right now:
6. Paint living room wall – We’re thinking of doing multiple walls in this color scheme:
7. Paint kitchen nook – Another one we’re torn on. The kitchen has a country/vintage feel…so maybe this color:
8. Build foyer project – This is my favorite project! It will most likely be done by Justin while I supervise like a champ. It’s a DIY coat/shelf wall that I found on Sada Lewis’s website. This first image is of the wall we’re going to build it on and the second image is from Sada’s home and is hopefully what ours will look like when it’s done!
UPDATE: See the finished wall HERE.
9. Paint picture for stairwell – I found a painting that was a bit out of my budget. Hopefully I can recreate something on my own that I love just as much as this Flower Market one. (The image has been Instagrammed. It doesn’t really have a thick black border.)
10., 11., & 12. Sew curtains for the kitchen, office, and living room –
This is where my beautiful friend Nicole comes in… I’m really liking these fabrics, shown in the order as listed:
Well so what do you think?! You’re thinking I’ll have no problem getting all these projects done, right? Me too!